Responsible for delivering a friendly and efficient customer service by creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for Restaurant’s customers in order to maximize customer satisfaction, retain, and attract new customers.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
F&B Waiter/Waitress Activities
- Prepare tables for Restaurant’s guests, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware, salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, napkin containers, etc. and maintain clean service areas.
- Welcome and greet Restaurant’s guests and escort them to their tables ensuring guest’s comfort.
•Present menus to guests, answer questions about menu, food and beverage items and inform guests about specials and menu changes; describe items on the menu (ingredients used along with how it is prepared, cooked and served); make recommendations upon request; and respond to any questions about other Restaurant’s functions and services in a kind and proper manner.
- Record food orders on electric devices for rapid and efficient transmittal of orders to kitchen staff.
- Coordinate with kitchen staff to deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter; serve and check back with customers during the meal for any additional needs.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience and ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service.
- Prepare accurate processing of bills and payments that itemize and total meal costs and present the same to the customers.
- Remove and deliver dishes and glasses from tables or counters to kitchen for cleaning.
- Assist fellow servers with taking orders, clearing and resetting tables as and when situation arises.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Adhered to the cleaning schedule and tasks which include, ‘Line Check’ and ‘NCO’ (Neat, Clean & Orderly) activities such as checking temperatures and working conditions of kitchen equipment, cleaning food preparation areas, sanitizing stations, cleaning out trash, washing hands etc. for hygiene purposes and efficient cleanliness.
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies).
- Inform customers about the day’s specials.
- Take accurate food and drinks orders using an order slips.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments while ensuring accuracy of the same.
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties).
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Perform other duties related to the job as assigned by the Direct Manager.
Health & Safety
- Ensure that all culinary standards in Mohamed Naser Al – Hajery & Sons F&B Outlets comply with food safety regulations and health requirements.
- Ensure that all employees within Mohamed Naser Al – Hajery & Sons adhere to the Restaurant/s Standards including workstation cleanliness, personal hygiene, clean uniform, etc.
- Minimum of 0 - 2 years of experience in the same or related field.